What do you Buy Today's High School Graduate #spon

I recently took a survey that was trying to define the differences between generations. The questions made it pretty obvious what people think about each generation. My parents' generation was viewed as selfish and needy. My generation was hyper-focused on education and money.

The newest generation is supposed to be impatient, tech-oriented, and impersonal. How much of that is accurate? Maybe some of it, especially the part about technology. I know for a fact, that kids today are way more immersed in gadgets than we ever were. They are quick with electronics and they use technology in ways I couldn't even imagine.

So it was kind of ironic that right after I took that survey, someone gave my husband a set of app controlled appliances. I looked at them in horror and pointed out that my low-tech and no-tech kitchen equipment worked just fine.

We decided we would give them away to someone that was getting their first apartment. Kids these days would appreciate their entire kitchen talking to them via text or via app or however those thing worked.

Which brings up an important question - what do we get this generation's high school graduates when they head out into the world? The old standby's of yesterday like towels and dishes still have a place, but I think this generation would appreciate high tech gifts - especially the newest and and most innovative.

Maybe the Motorola DROID Turbo Sapphire Blue would top that list? Phones are so much more than phones, but this one is a cut above the rest with a 48-hour battery, the sharpest display and the newest, most powerful processor.

48 hour battery!! Imagine how fantastic that would be. These days, kids use their phone for everything and that type of performance would help ensure their success at school.

When the battery does finally wind down, it charges 8 hours worth of power in just 15 minutes. It's also different. The premium ballistic nylon back gives this phone a unique texture and color so it's not like "everybody else's." Ballistic nylon is rugged and makes this phone more durable. Well... that and the Kevlar underneath the ballistic nylon, the Gorilla Glass and water-repellent nano-coating.

I'm starting to think this might be the new phone for me!

I just checked the Motorola website and saw that they are offering $100 when you upgrade to the DROID Sapphire Blue and turn in your old smartphone. Here's hoping my phone still qualifies as a "smart" phone.

This current generation knows a thing about technology and they know quality when they see it. If you want to be the hero of graduation, consider gifting the DROID Sapphire Blue. If you're old school like me, you can wrap it up in a few bath towels.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...