What does it mean when Yellow liquid oozes from your toothpaste

A few days ago, I went to brush my teeth and when I squeezed the toothpaste tube, a yellow liquid ooze came out. NO! I have never had this happen before, so I freaked out and tossed the tube in the garbage.

Then I got to thinking about it, and I really wondered what it was. Did my toothpaste become infected? Was it expired? Was it toxic? I still had three quarters of the tube left, so I needed to get to the bottom of this.

I fished it from the trash and noticed it still had 21 months until expiration. So it couldn't have been "too old."

I quickly called the number on the back of the tube and my received an answer immediately. The representative immediately knew that I was using baking soda and peroxide toothpaste. I guess it sometimes "separates" into it's individual components and that results in a yellow slime drooling out of the cap.

Yuck. But apparently, it's still safe to use. The company offered to send me a coupon for a replacement tube and assured me that this only happens when the tube has been exposed to extremes during shipping or handling (like cold, pressure, etc.)

So if it happens to you, know that it's not "dangerous" and you can still use the toothpaste. If the tube has some missing, then you can even re-mix it by squeezing it through the empty space a few times. And if you just can't stomach it, you can always call the company and let them know. They might give you replacement. If not, at least they will know how often this is happening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...