Destressing


Thank you to Ubisoft for sponsoring this post. Please visit Amazon.com to get your own copy of Far Cry 3, today's Gold Box Deal of the Day! I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions are my own.


One of the strangest things about motherhood is having to explain to your children why life can be difficult. It's not always easy, it's not always fun, it's not always interesting. It can be downright dis-stressing. 

So as this year kicks off and everyone ramps up their stress levels, I thought I'd focus on some of the positive ways that we de-stress our lives.

In order to truly de-stress, it's important to focus on your body and mind. For the body aspects, I like to take the family out to engage in active events - like going for a walk, cross country skiing, inline skating, swimming, gardening, riding bike, or even just playing tag. 

Getting your body moving helps relieve physical stress and improves your health. 

Decreasing mental stress means getting your mind active. You can do this with mind games (like crossword puzzles or sudoku,) board games, reading, building something, or.....my favorite - video games.

I love video games. Active games are great for body and mind, but I really love strategy/puzzle games like The Legend of Zelda or Tetris (yes, I'm that old!) 

A new game that's caught my eye is Far Cry 3. It's strategy on a different level - a battle for survival. With the global chaos taking place, this game couldn't have come at a better time. You may not be involved with the wars taking place around the world, but you can work through the mental aggression - game style. 




I could imagine racing home from work every day to shoot up some bad guys. What a stress reliever!! 

If you'd be interested in Far Cry 3, it's The Gold Box Deal of Day on Amazon here: http://clvr.li/FC3Gold

I'd love to hear how you de-stress, on your own and with your family! If you have a favorite video game or family activity feel free to comment below.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This design is steller! You certainly know how to keep a reader
entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was
almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Great job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!
Here is my web site ... online games

Anonymous said...

These are fundamentally brief phrase loans that do produce you meet your fiscal challenges within a desired particular time period.
Considering time limitations these loans are particularly
developed above an obligation free of charge platform. As such, these are kept absolutely 100 % free from credential checksums. Challenges such as defaults, arrears, bankruptcy, CCJs and even IVAs are not regarded as here. Further, there are also no collaterals linked with these loans. There is minimal paper function necessary on the element of borrower. There are also no hidden or added documentation or faxing expected right here. Applying for these loans is also rather hassle-free. Persons simply call for filling an internet form and as soon as this gets approved cash is received inside 24 hours time frame. These loans are frequently provided beneath handy terms and circumstances. The common basic applicant criteria here is that they will need to be a UK resident and of 18 years of age.
Look into my web page ; click

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...