Start Your Best Life Now and Enter to Win one of 10 Kindle Fires



Over the last 4 years, I have taken daily steps to improve my life. In fact, that's when I started this blog - with the tagline always being -One Mom on a journey to a healthier existence. 

Focusing on Health is the key to happiness and fulfillment in life. But when I say health, I don't just mean physical health. You need to sit down and take a hard look at all aspects of your health - spiritual, mental, emotional, financial, social, and physical. 

Four years ago, I was not healthy. Not in any sense of the word. So I sat down in front of a big white board and I wrote down everything I thought I was missing or wanted in my life.

I cried as I wrote out the things I really needed. Since I had young children and a traveling husband, you can guess what a few of my big needs were...exercise, adult mental stimulation, my own space, a sense of accomplishment, a reprieve from the expectation of perfection...

The list was pretty long. Then I set about figuring out what I could do to get the things I wanted and a relative timeline for when I could expect see changes.

If you read through this blog, then you'll see some of those changes. I started exercising and learning how to cook. I added more fruits and vegetables. I started avidly gardening. I started spending time reading and expanding my world beyond the preschool life.

And through this blog, I started finding ways to earn an extra income and feel like a contributor in our family.

And because children eventually grow up and go to school, I found a few hours each day that were entirely mine. A godsend for a natural introvert.

The whole process was a journey, not a destination and I can honestly say that the last two years of my life have been my happiest...wrinkles and all...

The point for sharing all this is to let you know that it's never to late for you to start improving your life! You only live once, so why not make it the best it can possibly be?

The beginning is never easy. You might need to cry a little. You might have to fight for what you really need and you might need to ask for help. Bit by bit, you will see progress and you'll start living the best life you were meant to live.

Starting on September 6, you can enter to win one of 10 Kindle fires and an O (The Oprah Magazine) subscription and someone will win the grand prize of a trip to Los Angeles - including roundtrip airfare and two nights hotel, and admission to O You! You can enter up to 12 times per day at  The Clorox Lounge

O You! is a full day event (October 20, 2012) that brings readers from around the world together with distinguished experts and talent to help you live your best life! Favorites included Gayle King, Suze Orman, Martha Beck, and Peter Walsh.

So enter the contest and get started today on living your best life!





I was compensated for writing this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and The Clorox Lounge blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...