Six Weeks to OMG - Review

Do you want to be skinny? Then you need to read Six Weeks to OMG. It's different from every diet, health, or exercise book you've ever read. Well, it's different from any I've ever read - and I read a lot.

It's all about getting skinny. Period. The author does recommend going about it in the most healthy way possible, but that being said, he gives you the tips and tricks you need to get skinny and look skinny.

There are tips on weight loss, "firming up" and even getting rid of cellulite. This is definitely a "plan to look good" book. And by the way, there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes, looking good is a person's MAIN motivation.

The book is easy to follow and reminds me a lot of talking with a girlfriend. Kind of valley-slang, kind of jocular, but also in-your-face. That's meant as a compliment - even though the author is male.

This book does not give you a specific exercise plan - it gives you an outline and let's you decide on the activity. There's also no hard and vast diet plan. Just a few general guidelines and you're set to go.

Having read a ton of books, magazines, and fitness blogs, I've heard every recommendation made in this book - but for most people, the approach will be very unique.

All of the tips (with the exception of the first two) are very easy to follow. Just a few tweaks in your regular day, and you'll be on your way to OMG. The first two - which involve water and breakfast will get you results (scientifically) but since I'm already thin, there is no way I would even try them.

But if I wasn't.... or if I really wanted to go from thin to OMG....then all bets are off. And they'd be worth a shot.

Anyway, if you want to be skinny - you'll undoubtedly find new information in this book and if nothing else, will get a laugh out of the conversational tone. I read the whole book in one evening. It goes by quick - I told you, like a conversation with a  funny friend.

*I received a complimentary copy of Six Weeks to OMG for review purposes. No compensation was received and all opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

DadOfTheDay said...

Not that I need to get skinny, but many of my friends would enjoy this. I am going to refer some of them to your blog. Will pass on the link.
Great job here.

Anonymous said...

This book was super helpful to me

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...