How Dedicated Are You?

How dedicated are you to your health? One cold May morning, I headed to the pool when it was 58 degrees outside. I was thrilled to see that I would have the pool all to myself (I mentioned that it was 58 degrees, right?)

I jumped in to the frigid water and swam and swam for about 25 minutes. I was exhausted and cold and super out of breath. That's when I realized I was really dedicated to being healthy.

Sure, I talk about being healthy, I exercise regularly, and I eat healthy most of the time. But it's easy to "say you're healthy, but really eat chips in your room at night."

I really AM dedicated to being healthy. I'm swim in frigid water dedicated and "I don't eat nachos" dedicated. And because I'm dedicated, it's about time I kick the candy habit for good. Wish me luck! And good luck finding your dedication.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

iw ould never swim in the cold like that

Becca said...

Wow, that is dedication! I just kicked a cookie/dessert habit myself. The first week was hell but I am actually starting to prefer fruit to some desserts now!

Anonymous said...

i wish you would write more fitness related articles. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...