PopPhysique Exercise DVD Review

Who says you can't get a good workout at home? Not me! I've been working out at home, on my own, for the last 4 years (6 years if you count my wobbly start to fitness) and I'm here to tell you that it can be done.

I've worked out with all sorts of equipment, DVDs, and body weight routines, but since I haven't set foot in a gym in more than a decade, I hadn't heard of Pop Physique.

Pop Physique is a studio workout designed to get your butt in gear - termed "butt school" - and it's highly sought after. Of course, not all of us can get to the studio, so it's now available in DVD format - newly launched by Watch it Now Entertainment (WIN.)

I read a little about the classes before I got started with the videos and was pretty sure I was in for a "ballet inspired" workout. So I did what any ex-ballet gal would do and dug out all my old leotards and skirts from college. Yes, I saved a few. And I put one on, then popped in the tape.

Bad idea. First of all, I'm going to recommend that no one workout in a leotard in a room with mirrors on all walls. It's really demoralizing. Plus, Pop Physique is not really like a ballet class.

It's a really tough workout! I thought I'd work through the tapes as an active recovery following some heavy weight training. No!

If you watch the workout as an "observer," you might think it looks pretty simple, but guess what - body weight exercises can be really tough (even tougher if you're watching yourself in a leotard... just saying!)

If you are looking for a tough workout to give you the same hardcore toning you would get in the studio, then I think you'll like these workouts. Heck, you can even buy the whole set for under $30 on Amazon which is less than the cost of a class at most studios.

You might actually prefer the videos to actual classes and end up saving a ton of money by workout out at home. Either way, give them a try - just wear appropriate gym clothes (no leotards!)

*I received a complimentary set of DVDs for review purposes. No compensation was received and all opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...