Let the Good Times Roll....

This year, I had a fantastic Mother's day. I broke out my inline skates for the second time in 8 years and we went for a family ride. My kids are both finally old enough to ride bike for miles, so my husband and I can skate. Woo!

Then I skated again today! The weather is so beautiful, there's no excuse to drive and pick her up from school. On the way there, a neighbor came out of her house to talk to me. She said, "Are you going out for some skating?"

Then she saw the scooter and helmet strapped to my back as I told her I was going to pick up my daughter from school. "You are just so active. It's so motivating."

That was really nice. She went on to say that when her youngest is finally old enough, she hopes to be as active as I am. I just wanted to go out and have some fun, and in the process I inspired her to be more active (and to be hopeful for a more active future.)

And of course, the other pick-up moms noticed as well. They had seen me walk/ride in the winter, but never on skates. They all marveled at the idea that we could walk/ride/skate to school. Maybe a few of them will be on bikes or scooters tomorrow?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...