Get Your Power Back - Book Review







Are you happy with your life? If you're answering honestly, I bet the answer is "no." Most people smile on the outside, but live a very miserable existence. I'm not just pointing fingers. I lived a big chunk of my life in misery.

It took me almost 30 years to "figure it out," and I'm still learning. The book Get Your Power Back  is everything that I have finally learned and changed, plus more. The truth is, I figured out the solutions in this book over the last few years, and they really, really work for improving your quality of life. Your happiness.

Do you  really want to be happy? Maybe the answer is "no." A lot of people (myself included) derive a large portion of their self identity with unhappiness. But that doesn't have to be you. I would greatly encourage you to pick up a copy of Get Your Power Back. You can rent it from the library or pick it up for around $10 on Amazon.

I appreciated this book because I've found everything in it to be absolutely true and effective. But why I think you'll like it is because it offers a clear, action-oriented plan for improving your life. It's easy to read and it gives all of the necessary information in a secular (non-religious) format.

Even though it is a short book that's very easy to read, it may take you some time to get through it. There will be "ah-ha" moments and you will need to take time to reflect on the application in our own life. Some of that may bring pain and tears, but it will be so worth it to be able to move passed those hurts. Keep a notebook with you to write down those breakthroughs, or do the unthinkable...and write in the book.

I came to understand all that this book covers through deep spiritual exploration and could recommend a handful of really powerful books that will change your life in the exact same way this book can. However, most people would probably be turned off by the spiritual overtones in those books. Whether they are right or not would be lost due to religious biases.

This book does not espouse or judge any religious beliefs. This book lays out the importance of each step from a purely mental, rational perspective. You can't argue with the logic. And if you can take the time to go through each chapter, stop and think about how it relates in your own life, and implement the advice, you will be a changed person. For the better.

The applications extend to your marriage, work relationships, parent/child relationships, and your very existence on this Earth. If you're stuck in a not-so-happy life, I'd encourage you to read this book and try your best to work on your perspective. Perception is reality, and you can change yours.

*I received a complimentary copy of Get Your Power Back for review purposes. No compensation was received and all opinions expressed are my own.



1 comments:

Make Your Own Quiz said...

This is lovely post. Keep it on with this type of post.
Thank you.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...