Wean Green Glass Reusable Baby Food Jar Review

When my kids were babies, I made all their food. I used ice trays and blenders, baggies, and tupperware. It was a full-on operation. Of course, I knew not to put plastic in the microwave back then, but we didn't know anything about BPA. 

Older and wiser, right? In the past few years, I've been using more and more glass containers and I love it! I prefer glass to plastic for so many reasons. Obviously, there is no risk of BPA and other plastic generated toxins with glass. But glass also looks, feels, and cleans better. I just really like it.

That being said, glass and children are a scary combination. So when I had the chance to review the new baby food storage jars from Wean Green, I looked at them with a very keen eye. 

The first thing you should know: they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. But they are all pretty small. This is perfect for baby sized portions, but also for that little slice of onion, last dab of oatmeal, ground flaxseed, nuts, and snack portions. The options are really limitless...well, sort of.

When I first saw these, I dreamed of putting them in my son's lunch box. They are the perfect size! But then he ran in the door, whipped his backpack on the floor and flung his boots on top of it. I just can't trust him with glass.

I have been using these containers to store leftovers, dole out snacks, and keep ingredients. They are the combination of my two favorite containers (glass and snap lid plastic tupperware.) 

In using the containers, I came across two problems. First, they lids are a bit difficult to snap down and pull off (they make a great seal!) I like this for the ability to seal in items (smells, liquids, etc) but I could imagine it would be really tough to deal with when you have a young baby and only have one hand free at all times. 

Second, they are difficult to store. They don't really "nest" inside each other, so you have to come up with a good way to store these. I store the lids separately in a bin, and the jars in a single file in the cabinet. I wouldn't want to stack them more than two high or you run the risk of toppling....and breaking (side note: With the lids on, you can certainly stack them. I just like mine to be "naked" so I can easily fill them. I prefer all of my storage containers naked until they are used.) 

That being said, these are excellent little storage containers. The glass is thick and strong. The lids seal nice and tight. They come in beautiful colors, and I'd feel confident putting these in my lunch or diaper bag (just not elementary aged school kids'.)

If you have babies, then these would be fantastic for storing baby foods. If you don't, then I'm telling you they are amazing for storing little bits of things. There's nothing sadder than a little bit of leftover strawberry or oatmeal in a ginormous storage container. 

I'd recommend these to anyone looking for a quality glass storage container. 

*I received a complimentary set of Wean Green containers for review purposes. No compensation was received and all opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

Cloth Diapers said...

This is a very good idea to keep baby's food in containers. Containers are looks decent with little storage capacity. I feel so confident while keeping in my lunch or diaper bag.

Anonymous said...

I wish these were around when I had little kids

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...