OREO turns 100! Share your OREO memories!



Almost every time I complete a crossword puzzle, one of the clues is: "America's Favorite Cookie." The answer of course, is OREO. But is it really America's Favorite? Yep.

Mine too. For as long as I can remember, OREO cookies have been a much sought after treat. And it makes sense, as of March 6, 2012 - OREO is 100 years old! So they have been around for my entire life and most likely yours. They are a part of our history.

My earliest OREO cookie memories were when I was really young. My parents grew most of our food or bartered with local farmers so it was rare to go "grocery shopping" and come home with treats.

But every once in a while my mom came home with OREO cookies. There was no waiting for dinner or even unpacking the grocery bags. We would grab the milk, pass the cookies out evenly, and then eat them.

With big black toothed smiles, we'd polish off the cookies then drink our yummy OREO enhanced milk.
Oh to be young and free and full of cookies! I still love OREO cookies and would list them as my favorite tasting cookie of all time. Especially with milk. Or ice cream. Don't even get me started on OREOs and vanilla ice cream....

What are your OREO memories? You've got to visit the OREO 100th Birthday website! Add your moment, then reply to this blog posting with your answer to be entered to win!

OREO is celebrating its 100th Birthday by encouraging all of us to take a moment to slow down, and celebrate the kid inside. Celebrate with us for a chance to win $200! Simply follow these two steps to enter:
    1. Add your photo or video to the OREO Moments Gallery
    2. Come back & reply below describing your photo or video, and tell us about your earliest OREO memory

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Oreo. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...