Joining the Quaker Heart Health Challenge




One of the biggest reasons I workout regularly is to maintain my health into my golden years. Your forties, fifties, and sixties will pop up before you know it and it's important to maintain your strength, endurance, and flexibility.

A big health scare 3 years ago showed me just how hard life can be when you lose your strength and mobility. It was enough to kick me into high gear, but like everyone else, I still forget that important lesson and need things to keep me motivated.

That's why I've joined the Quaker Heart Health Challenge. The challenge asks women to commit to adding 15 new activities in 30 days. It's a great initiative to encourage us to improve our heart health by adding in exercise.

I already exercise 5 days a week, but this is a great reminder for me to be more active in my daily life. Not all exercise isGym Exercise.

For the next 30 days, I'm going to commit to being more active with my children, by doing one active (and mostly outdoor) activity with them every day. We'll play at the park, sled down hills, hike in the snow covered forest, throw snowballs, build snowmen, build snow forts, go tubing, and cross country skiing.

It seems like something I should be doing already, right? Well, I do - in the summer. But we have harsh winters and the cold is a major deterrent to outdoor activity. But it will be great for our hearts, great for the sun exposure, and great for family bonding - all heart healthy activities.

Joining the Quaker Heart Health Challenge is my first step towards becoming a healthier me. Now I’m curious to know, what motivates you to stay healthy?

For your chance to win $750 complete these two steps:
1.Share the challenge with your friends
2.Tell us that you’ve invited your friends to join the challenge AND share what motivates you to stay healthy below

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker. The opinions and text are all mine. Sweepstakes Rules.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Quaker Oats Company. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...