Clorox Clean-Up Ultimate Mess Party Recipe Contest!

One of my kids' favorite activities is to create. I'll just leave it as a blanket statement. They create robots, pictures, forts, "people," buildings, songs, stories, recipes, and messes...  Here are just a few of their creations:
Yes - That is a diaper tied to the center...




Not a day goes by that I'm not cleaning up one of their creations. As you can tell, a lot of their creations come from "trash." I'm not always a fan of the non-stop creativity (I know that sounds horrible!) but I do appreciate their enthusiasm for fun and exciting new recipes in the kitchen.

Goop, glue, and recyclables are not my style. Yummy treats are more like it, and luckily they love to create (and eat) in the kitchen. 

My daughter does most of the food creating. She's created a bunch of recipes for lime-ade and lemonade. She also loves to make her two specialties: apple/berry crisp and whipped cream surprise. She came up with Whipped cream surprise on her own, and she makes it all on her own. The surprise is usually orange wedges. 

I let them experiment in the kitchen...sometimes alone. And sometimes that means scary results. My son likes to make mayo and cheese sandwiches. Just mayo and cheese. They make untold messes, and once they even chipped the corner off of our granite counter top. 

It's not pretty when kids make things (crafts, recipes, or otherwise) but they love it. And that's how they learn. 

If you let your kids go wild with crafts and recipes, you may want to check out the Clorox Clean-up Ultimate Mess Recipes for Fun Contest - you can register for a chance to win $10,000. Submitting a favorite recipe gets you 10 extra entries! You can enter a recipe in any of these categories: Wacky Science, Arts & Crafts, Kiddie Cooking or Creative Cooking. 

This is the recipe that I'm entering for Mouse Cookies:

1/2 cup almond butter
1/8 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup crushed graham crackers
2 Tbsp butter

Slivered Almonds for ears and possibly raisins for eyes (if desired)
1/4 cup melted chocolate chips for drizzling. 

Mix together and form an oval shape. Drizzle on melted chocolate if you'd like.

Oh yes, they are ugly - and messy. But kids love their crazy shape and nut buttery taste. Plus, there's no cooking. Just mixing and forming. Kids can do every part. 

There are a ton of great recipes already on the site. It's an invaluable resource for moms and home school parents. You can find all kinds of great science experiments and rainy day fun. Plus tasty snack recipes. 




I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox Clean-Up Recipes for Fun blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on this program, click here and see the Terms link.

1 comments:

recipes for kids said...

I think this is a somewhat unique way, which I've got after a long.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...