Looking for a good Vegan source of Protein and Omega-3 Fatty Acids??


I am always on the lookout for new plant based nutrient sources. And I may have found something truly awesome that even a non-vegan would love! Hemp seeds!

I know what you're thinking. Hemp!!! You wouldn't believe the looks I get when I tell everyone I meet about these amazing little seeds. Yes, I'm a blabber mouth. And I carry them with me for friends to try. Guess that they think?

They taste good! Really! They taste sort of like a creamy, nutty sweet pea. But not sweet. I love flax seeds and add them (freshly ground and raw of course) to many of my meals, but I wouldn't say that flax tastes "good." It just is.

I'm the kind of girl that could eat a whole big bowl of peas and call it dinner. I do love them...and hemp seeds remind me of peas so what's not to love. Plus, they have a lot of protein for such a small (and non-animal) food.

Plus they are portable. You can pop them in your mouth as-is (no grinding required), put them in your granola, oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, or salad dressings. Did I mention they are a great source of non-fish (and non-sea) omega-3's. And since they aren't heated, you'll get more benefit from them.

I've shared them with a ton of people and everyone has liked them, even trying to grab seconds! So consider them if you're looking for another healthy food source to add to your diet. And no worries - they do not have any of the THC found in marijuana. ;)

Next stop - chia seeds. And in case you're wondering, I tried these on my own and will buy them again. I was not sponsored in anyway to try or write about Hemp seeds (or flax.) I just like them.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Where do you buy these?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...