Incorporating Green Tea into your Day

Unless you've been living under a rock, you've surely heard about all the health benefits of green tea. I've read oodles of articles describing the antioxidant benefits of tea, but did not drink my first cup of tea until last year! 



And since that first cup, I've experimented with tons of flavors and have come up with a healthy way to incorporate tea into my daily routine.

I drink tea to slow down and relax. So I usually drink tea while I'm sitting on the porch in the evening, enjoying a cool breeze. Or I drink tea while I'm reading a book in bed or in the tub. And I often drink tea when I feel like I need "something" but I'm not really hungry.

It gives you that warmth that you're looking for. It's also a great low-calorie snack/beverage to enjoy while watching a movie, traveling, or just watching t.v.

As you can see, I haven't really associated tea with food. But when you entertain, most people expect tea to go with small treat.

So as I was sampling the assortment of Lipton Green Teas, I paired tea with food for the first time. I had the opportunity to sample Lipton Green Tea Superfruit's Purple Acai and Blueberry, White Mangosteen and Peach, and Red Goji and Raspberry.

They all smelled wonderful, but my favorite tasting tea was the Red Goji and Raspberry.
I set out to pair these teas with the perfect food. I tried pizza, spaghetti, chicken, pesto and tomatoes, salads, and salmon with asparagus.

Of those options, salmon worked the best. But these teas smell like breakfast to me. So I decided to change my strategy. And that's when I hit on the category that I felt worked the best - granola (or any oatmeal based treat.)

I paired the White Mangosteen and peach with a strawberry crisp:

I paired the Red Goji and Raspberry with an apple, coconut, oat muesli:

And I paired the the Purple Acai and Blueberry with a homemade raisin granola bar:

I still think tea is best enjoyed without food - to unwind and take the chill out of the evening or winter. But I think I could get used to having a cup of tea with an oat filled breakfast. What a great way to start the day!

How do you enjoy your tea? What treats or meals would you pair with the Lipton Green Tea Superfruit  flavors?

Look below for a chance to win a fantastic prize from Lipton Green Tea.

Now that I have shared what I would pair with these refreshing Lipton Green Tea Superfruits, I want to know, how do you enjoy your tea?

Share your tea time must haves for a chance to win a year's supply of Lipton Tea, a tea kettle, a tea box, a mug/saucer set, a travel tumbler and a $50 gift card to Amazon.com!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton Green Tea Superfruit. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...