Compost Your Cat Fur!

Every once in a while I find myself staring at a humongous clump of cat fur - the results of furminating. And I hate to just vacuum it away.

So I don't! No, I'm not knitting cat fur sweaters or making anything from it.... I'm composting it! And my hair too. Ever since I have been reading about the creepy underworld of worms, I couldn't help but think of all things I could be adding to our soil (and keeping out of the landfills) to increase the organic matter in our garden.

If you'd like to see a whole list of things you can be composting but never knew you could (like pencil shavings, used tissues!, and nail clippings) then check out this cool composting website.

1 comments:

Robin said...

You have a lovely blog. What can I say about the little cat? It's so cute! Thanks for your interesting ideas.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...