Make a BETTER pumpkin pie this year!

Pumpkin pie is the best. I mean, the BEST. I could eat it every day. And when I make a pumpkin pie - I usually eat the whole thing in one day. It's that awesome.

But not all pumpkin pie is awesome. Here are my top 3 tips to make your pumpkin pie BETTER this year.

#1. Skip the crust. It's gross, loaded with yuck and is completely unnecessary. Don't add flour or bisquick or anything else to your pie. Just put it in an ungreased pie pan and it will all work out. I have been making crust-less pie for almost 8 years.  All the yum without any of the yuck!

#2. Use Coconut Milk instead of condensed milk. Condensed milk is a processed sugar bomb. Get it out of your life. Make your own coconut milk (so easy, by the way - here's how) and use half the amount in your recipe. So if your recipe wants 8 oz of condensed milk, use 1/2 cup (4 oz) of coconut milk.

#3. Cut the sugar. You don't need a whole cup of sugar in your pumpkin pie. You can swap sugar for maple syrup or honey (use less of both of these since they are sweeter than sugar) or just cut the sugar down. Try using 3/4 of the amount of sugar. I bet you'll never notice.  You'll start to notice when you drop it to 1/2 the amount of sugar, but not as much if you adjust the spices. Try adding a pinch (and I mean a pinch!!) of cloves. They are powerful and will confuse your mind. You won't realize it's a little less sweet.

Your pies will be amazing. Experiment a little. Make them healthier. Use better ingredients and make yourself a better pie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...