Disney Junior's Jake and The Never Land Pirates Review

Disney will be launching a brand new 24-hour Disney Junior channel soon, and one of it's big shows is Jake and the Never Land Pirates. This hit show is cable's #1 series for boys ages 2-5.

And it was a long time coming. As a mom, I can tell you that preschool programming that can compete with the "older" cartoons is hard to come by. Kids know when they are being shown "baby tv." Especially when their friends tell them that it's baby tv.

We had never seen Jake and the Never Land Pirates until Team Mom sent us a copy of the program to view. And my kids liked it. It's well animated and is interesting to children. The kids in the show are active and doing "pirate" things - well, except for the looting, violence, and swearing.

And that might be the only complaint my kids had - there were no real "bad guys" and everything turned out okay. I think that's really important for preschool aged kids. Really, why do they have to worry about that stuff yet. But my elementary aged kids (5 and 7) know that the world doesn't turn out that way.

Either way, they were happy to watch it and were excited to play with the pirate themed toys they also received.

If you want to catch a glimpse of Jake and the Never Land Pirates, you can tune in on the Disney Junior channel. And be sure to catch the holiday special, "It's a Winter Never Land/Hook on Ice" scheduled for Friday, Dec 2nd 2011 at 8:30-9:00 a.m. EST/PST

*I received complimentary Jake and the Never Land Pirates items for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own and no compensation was received.

1 comments:

Espana said...

I ordered this CD for my son who is 2 years old. We love the stars of the band - Skarky & Bones. The guys did a great job with the music. I love this CD, it is a kid's CD that I can listen to over and over again. If you are on the fence listen to track 10!!! The only thing that could be better is if Disney came out with a DVD of music video's for the songs. This is a great purchase for the price, totally worth it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...