Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip Review



Want a quick and easy way to get your kids to eat more veggies? You know what's coming - try dips. But if you're a health conscious mom like me, then you probably shutter at the very thought of adding chemically laden dips to your fresh veggies.


Then again, if you've grown up in America, then dips are probably a regular part of your life.  Either way, they don't have to be a bad thing.


We had the opportunity to purchase and review Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip and the results were actually quite surprising. 


The first thing that surprised me was how readily available these dips were. I thought I'd be scouring the stores hunting for just one tub of dip. I was wrong. All of the major stores I shop regularly, had the dip. And not just one lonely expired tub.


They had a whole row - with all 5 flavors. Now it was going to get tough. I actually had to choose! I stood in the aisle alternating between Cucumber Dill Feta and Spinach Artichoke. 


We eventually agreed on Cucumber Dill Feta. It seemed to be the most versatile for what we had planned that week. And we made plans for this dip.


I offered to to my children with cucumber slices and carrots. They liked it. They have been weaned off of Ranch dressing for quite a while, so they were excited to have another white, creamy dip instead of just plain veggies.


It was creamy and delicious. It would be hard to find someone that didn't like this dip!


Let me offer a few suggestions on other way to use the Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip. I know veggies and crudites are a simple answer. You could also dip chips (oh the humanity!) but did you know that the Otria dips also taste great in sandwiches (as in - an alternative to mayo.)


They can also be used as pizza sauce or to make salads or appetizers like cucumber sandwiches. I even used it with fish tacos. It has the right zip for seafood. 


They're full of great flavor - and as far as dips go, seem to be relatively light in calories. 


The Otria dip we sampled had 30 calories per Tablespoon (60 calories per 2 Tpsp suggested serving size.) Because it's made from greek yogurt, it also had 2g of protein and 2% of your daily RDA of calcium. And 1 gram of sugar (in case you're one of the crazies that care - like me!)


It also contains 200mg of Omega-3 per serving (from fish oil - note: *this dip is not vegetarian*)


I scoured the ingredients - because that's what I do - and most of the ingredients I am pretty familiar with. I have to be honest when I say I'm not excited to see sodium benzoate and autolyzed yeast extract. The good news: they are listed toward the end and that means their percentage is pretty low. And I would venture to guess that there are worse offenders in the shelf stable dips on the market.


Did I mention you find the Otria dips in the cold sections of the produce department? Or at least that's where I found it. 


All-in-all, we really liked the Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dips. We thought the cucumber dill feta tasted great and would take center stage on a crudites tray or add a special zip to sandwiches and appetizers.


I'm still thinking about the spinach artichoke flavor. You know how amazing that combination can be! Maybe I'll add it to your Thanksgiving menu this year. What do you think?


Do you have any thoughts on the new Otria Dips? What would you use them for?


I was one of the bloggers selected by T. Marzetti Company and Clever Girls Collective to host a Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip review. They provided me with product to test and compensation for my time. However, my opinions are entirely my own.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they have a sundried tomato flavor. I've had it at a friends house. It was great.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...