Kashi Peanut Butter Granola Bars Review

Every once in a while I get together with a group of moms and we talk about life. And by life I mean fitness and food. Our favorite food topics are organic food, gourmet recipes, and proper nutrition.

This may not be your idea of a good time, but my friends and I wouldn't have it any other way. Feeding our families is our job and we want to do the best we can. As former type-A career women, we take it seriously.

Recently, Kashi asked if we would review their line of TLC organic granola bars at our meeting. Um....yeah. We sampled the Kashi Peanutty Dark Chocolate Layered Granola Bars. Try not to get lost on the chocolate part.

I've tried Kashi products before (in fact our pantry is always sporting a few Kashi accessories...) but somehow these must have escaped my shopping cart. I've always purchased the coconut chocolate ones. Mmmmm....chocolate.

So when they arrived at my door, I sampled one. And I almost called the entire meeting off. I mean, who in their right mind wants to share such chocolatey goodness? Yes, they were undeniably tasty.

All of the moms thought so. And the kids too. Yes, that means I shared.  They were fantastic and best of all they were made from Kashi - and what that means to me is that I can trust the ingredients.

It means the ingredients are whole, natural, and sometimes even organic. It means I don't have to flip it over and read the ingredients. But of course I did it anyway.

The truth is, there are a lot of ingredients in these bars. I like to buy products with as few ingredients as possible and some of the ingredients in the bars would not be high on my list of "want to eat" but none of the screamed "OMG" to me either.

I make granola bars and I know how hard it can be to get them to be all natural, low in sugar, and still be soft and gooey and all the things we love about them. So all in all, I gave them a thumbs up. And so did the rest of my friends.

**I was sent a monster sized box of Kashi products for review with my moms group. All opinions expressed are my own. If you want to know the actual ingredients or nutritional information, check at Kashi.com. No compensation was received for this review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...