Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Review


I wrote this post while participating in a blog tour conducted by Clever Girls on behalf of Dannon. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program but my opinions are my own. For more information and recipe ideas, visit www.oikosyogurt.com or www.Facebook.com/oikos. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.




When it comes to healthy snacking, I do not take short cuts. I make most of my own food and when I do buy something, I read the entire package. But sometimes you find a product that is consistently good and you don't have to read the label anymore. That's how I feel about Dannon yogurts. 


This is a sponsored post, but before I ever even had the chance to try the new Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt, Dannon was the only non-organic yogurt brand I purchased. Why? Because I trust the ingredients.


I was super excited to be offered the chance to try Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt and was beyond thrilled to flip over the container on the plain greek yogurt flavor to see only 1 ingredient - cultured milk. How awesome is that!?? But it was about to get even better. One cup of plain Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt had only 80 calories and 15 grams of protein. That's a lot of protein. And it's not from adding whey powder or some other additive. 


The only ingredient was cultured milk! I'm also a sugar gram hunter and this yogurt contains 6 grams of sugar. Remember that milk naturally contains sugar, so this is about as low as it could get. 


In case you are wondering, the yogurts with fruit on the bottom have about 130 calories.


So - on to the taste. First of all, I love the taste of plain yogurt. It's a little bit tangy. It's creamy and smooth. Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt was everything I expected it to be, but thicker. It was really thick, like a pudding. I could imagine adding cocoa powder or a little pumpkin and cinnamon to create a pudding-like treat.


Dannon® Oikos® is so thick because it's created through an authentic Greek straining process which gives it a rich and creamy-thick texture.


My daughter added raspberries and pecans into hers and absolutely loved it. It was so good (and I still can't get over the 15 grams of protein!) that I almost don't even want to make my own yogurt anymore.


Now that's saying something! I will definitely pick these up when we are traveling and feel good about packing them into my kids' lunch boxes. 


If you want to give Dannon® Oikos® Greek Yogurt a try - head over to their facebook page to get a coupon good for a free cup - www.facebook.com/oikos 




I have partnered with Dannon to help promote the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Series.  I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes writing about the promotion and product.  However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanilla Oikos is superb. Strawberry was way too sweet and tasted "chemically". Yoplait fruit on the bottom strawberry tasted more like real yogurt. I'll give the other flavors a try.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I love the oikos plain yogurt. And you can't beat one ingredient.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...