Tropical Traditions Organic Thick Rolled Oats Review

Oatmeal is oatmeal, right? Wrong! If you've reached your thirties and beyond, you will most likely have had the chance to try all different sorts of oats and oatmeal.

We never eat instant oatmeal or oatmeal packets in our home. I always buy the plain old - rolled oats. And guess what, they only take a minute or two longer to cook than the instant flaky gunk. Boiling water is the rate limiting step for both preparations, so you do the math.

I've always loved oats and thought the oats I bought were great. But then I had the chance to try Tropical Traditions Organic Thick Rolled Oats. 

I really thought oats were going to be oats. know what I mean? But these oats were a lot thicker than the oats I normally buy. There weren't any broken pieces and they just felt heartier (in hand and mouth).

They tasted great. I almost always eat my oats raw. I'm be venturing into the world of sprouted oats and would eventually like to try steel cut, but until then - I'm really happy to have found these organic high quality oats.

Here's how I ate mine almost every morning:

What you see is 1/2 cup of Organic Thick Rolled Oats, 1/2 cup of raw homemade coconut milk, 1 whole apple chopped into bites, 1/8 cup of walnuts, and a hefty sprinkle of cinnamon. Not a low calorie breakfast, but a wholesome, vegan bowl of goodness...

Wondering what else you can do with oats? Here's a starter list: muesli (as seen above), granola, grind and replace wheat flour 1:1 in your favorite recipes, add to yogurt, make oatmeal, soak and make sprouted oatmeal, add to smoothies for thickness, replace for meat in recipes. You're only limited by your imagination.


Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

1 comments:

Samantha K @ MyaMaternity.com said...

That looks so good with the apples. My husband and I would both love that. Will try tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...