2 Pairs of Shorts - 1 Summer

This spring, I eagerly rearranged my seasonal clothing and brought my summer duds into rotation. But as I took them out, I realized something. All of my summer clothes were huge!

I didn't have to try them on to know there was going to be a problem, but I did. Holy Guacamole!

I had only lost 3-4 pounds since last year, but I am now 3 or 4 sizes smaller. WTF? This is why scales are crap. I may have only lost 3 or 4 pounds of weight, but over the last year I have lost more than 15 lbs of fat. And gained some muscle - yeah!

But still....this leaves me with a dilemma. Nothing fits. And I mean nothing. I quickly made a pile of things I could alter and I went to town sewing down a bunch of my clothes. In all, I was able to salvage a few tops, 1 dress, 1 skirt, and 2 pairs of shorts. Just TWO! For the whole summer! That's a heavy rotation schedule.

And last week, I realized that these shorts were no longer fitting. Damn you muscular body! My old belts no longer have enough holes to make these shorts stay on and there's no more sewing to be done, so I'm just winging it. I am wearing shorts that barely stay up but for the grace of hip bones.

I don't even have to unbutton them to use the bathroom. Yes this is too much information. And it's completely sad.

But - there is a silver lining. My husband said I could buy new shorts. Actually, he said "eat more crap and gain some weight or go and buy new shorts. What's the problem?"

If you know me, then you know the problem. Shorts aren't on clearance yet. But it's an even bigger problem than that. I have to hope that size 1 is magically on clearance or I have to shop in the kid's department. Unbelievable!

1 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I hope you find the deals you seek.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...