Simple Steps Canning Guide

It should come as no surprise that I've been canning all my life. My Grandmothers canned. My mom canned. And I canned. So when I had the opportunity to review an all inclusive canning guide, I was excited.

I downloaded it on to my computer and read through it in one sitting. That, in and of itself, was a good thing. Nobody wants an exhaustive 300 page guide to canning. It was succinct, easy to follow, and well put together.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, learned a lot, and copied down notes. But guess the biggest thing I learned? I have been canning all wrong! My family has always canned in an open water bath. Always! 

A few years ago my sister-in-law told my mom that we could get botulism that way, and my mom wrote it off. But it freaked me out a little. It turns out my SIL was right! 

But how does someone pressure can? Glad you asked - because every answer, from how-to, and which foods, and how long to store it are all answered in the Simple Steps Canning Guide. 

I am hoping for a bumper crop of Tomatoes this year (cross your fingers!) and I will be whipping open this canning guide just as the tomatoes come rolling in. From here on out, I am going to can the right way. And I hope you will too. 

Check out the canning website because it is loaded with helpful information. Happy canning!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...