Lichi Superfruit Detox

If you're like me, then you've probably heard a ton of buzz about "super fruits" and how they can improve your life. One of those super fruits is Lychee (also known as Rambutan).

I was offered the chance to review the Lichi Superfruit program: consisting of a detox, probiotic and superfruit supplement. Those who know me, know that I do not take supplements and I eat a wide variety of whole foods.

But I liked the ingredients in the Lichi Superfruit products.

Reading through all the information on their website, I couldn't find any ingredient I objected to. My own experience with Lychee has been favorable. We ate a bunch of it at a Hawaiian farmer's market. They are like huge tasty, skinless grapes.

But like all "superfruits" they have more than tastiness going for them. I originally thought I'd go through the detox (which is easy, by the way - it only entails drinking a detox juice before breakfast and you eat as usual throughout the day) and add the supplements for an extra antioxidant kick.

That's not how I ended up using the products. Instead, I offered them to my husband. He's looking to up his metabolism, lose a little weight, and.....I'd love for him to eat more fruits and vegetables. Not all people will eat fruits/veggies (I know, right???) but they will drink them.

And my husband was willing to drink the detox juices and take the supplements regularly. I felt really good about the nutrients he was getting from these products. He said they tasted great. He did not get any unwanted side effects.

But did they affect his metabolism or energy levels? I don't know. He started the program during an extremely stressful week at work. He was traveling nonstop, was in a lot of stressful meetings, and was extremely sleep deprived. He felt like garbage that week because of the stress, so his opinion was inconclusive.

My opinion? He was so much nicer that week, even though he was majorly stressed out. Somehow he coped and managed with almost no sleep and I don't remember him running to the pantry to eat tons of garbage to deal with the stress.

Like all supplements, my opinion is that if you eat a really good diet full of healthy - and mostly raw - fruits and veggies and not a lot of processed food, you probably don't need a supplement. How many Americans actually fit this bill? Really!

If you are looking for a supplement, you may want to look into the Lichi Superfruit. In my opinion, the ingredients were high quality and the taste (according to my husband) was great. Especially if you are a juice fan.

***Also - be sure to check out the Lichi blog. It's a great source of healthy living information. ***

*I received complimentary Lichi Superfruit products for review purposes. I was not compensated for my opinion and all opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...