Healthier Sports Drinks?

When you think of sports drinks, do you think of Gatorade? When I think of sports drinks, I think of sugar bombs. Artificial flavors. Corn syrup. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

Guess what, it doesn't have to be that way. Just like every area of the supermarket, the sports drink aisle is being remade. It's better and healthier. We recently had the opportunity to review the Modjo line of performance beverages.

In all honesty, I thought they were going to be horrible. But they were fantastic! They had a wonderful taste and were made with good ingredients. No artificial flavors, colors, preservatives.

They also contained a lot of really good ingredients that I'd look for in a sports drink - coconut water, sea salt, Resveratrol, B vitamins. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure they had fewer calories that the corn syrup beverages. Don't quote me on that - check it out for yourself, but I remember being all around surprised.

My favorites were the ModjoLife drinks, but I could see my husband leaning toward the Modjo Hydrade bottles. Maybe it was the taste difference - I think it was the more "manly" bottle. Just saying!

All-in-all, I'd give these drinks two thumbs up. You can look for them online or check the site to find a store near you.

*I received complimentary products for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own. Consult the product website and packaging for actual ingredient or nutrition information.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...