Ultimate You - A 4-Phase Total Body Makeover

If you've been reading about fitness for any length of time, you know that the general recommendations have changed. It's not just about eating less and moving more. It's about moving smarter and eating better.

Ultimate You - A 4-Phase Total Body Makeover is all about eating better and moving smarter. With a detailed plan on how to do it (exactly!)

I've read a lot of fitness books (5 or 6 in the last month!) and in my opinion this is a book that will help you get results. It's a synopsis of all the information that's out there (saving you from reading 4 or 5 heavily scientific books) and it's a detailed fitness and eating plan.

I personally agree 100% with the fitness recommendations, though I would skip phase 1-3 entirely and only focus on phase 4. I'm at a high fitness level and I'd be angry if I started at level 1, 2, or 3. The workouts are just too easy. But they are a good set up for gaining strength and endurance. If your'e new to fitness or haven't been active in a while, then start at phase 1.

I agree with almost all of the nutrition information (minus the sugar alternatives and supplements.) I even learned a few new things that have greatly improved my performance in the gym. One of those was foam rolling.

This book shows you how, tells you why, and is clear about when to add foam rolling and stretching. If you follow the advice and routines in this book, you will lose weight. But more importantly, you will be in much better health!

*I received a complimentary copy of Ultimate You for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comments:

ruthhill74 said...

I am always looking for books that will help me get healthy and lose weight. Thanks for the recommendation.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...