You really do need equipment to get/stay in shape

I've wrote before about the many benefits of body weight exercises, but the truth is.....to really get in shape, you need some equipment. The preschool moms laughed in my face when they heard I "workout at home," but the jokes on them.

You do NOT need a gym membership. I've said it before and I'll say it again....you can get amazing results by exercising at home. What do I think you need? A treadmill and some weights. 

Why the treadmill?

  1. Everyone can walk. And once you've walked for awhile, it's easier and easier to run.
  2. You can workout during any weather.
  3. You can create a lot of variety on the treadmill (I'll be posting about this later.)
  4. Weight bearing exercises (like wallking/running) create stronger bones.
  5. You can use a treadmill at any time - day or night.
  6. It's a great cardio exercise -  in endurance, strength, and calorie burn.
  7. Every part of  treadmill exercise is transferable to everyday life.
  8. It's something the whole family can be involved with.
  9. It can be a lot of fun (trust me on this one!)
  10. It gets results!
Why I am I posting about the virtues of the treadmill? Two reasons: #1 - I believe what I'm saying (check out my gym here - treadmill and weights - that's it!). Scroll through my blog if you want to see fitness results. #2 - My treadmill is broken and I'd love to win a new one!

What in the world!?!?! Surely, a treadmill can withstand years of hard running and not break. Absolutely! I have run miles and miles on this treadmill for years. It's beat out the price of a gym membership - hands down! I loved this treadmill! 

So what happened? Well...a few neighbors invited themselves over for the Super Bowl. My 300 pound body-building neighbor decided it would be funny to mess around in my gym. After repeatedly telling him to GET OUT - he laughed and went on a destructive rampage. He punched apart my children's boxing set and then proceeded to jump and jump and jump on my treadmill! He broke the rollers and support board. 

You can imagine my rage! I need a treadmill!!! I use that treadmill at least 3 or 4 times a week and so does my husband! And my kids. #$#%@#@! This is were a lot of swearing would come in . 

You don't need a gym membership, but honestly: a home treadmill is pretty darn important. And in case you're wondering - the preschool moms - each of them spending over $200 a month on their gym memberships, supplements, and personal trainers are not in as good a shape as I am. Who am I? A dedicated, workout-at-home mom that could outrun and out fight any one of them! 

You could to. It just takes a good treadmill and a set of weights. 

*In case you are wondering - the neighbor in question is no longer a friend. His family is no longer welcome in our house. I'm pretty enraged by the incident and am taking out that rage in the gym (sans treadmill....*commence crying*)

"I wrote this blog post while participating in the Bookieboo and Hayneedle Treadmill blogging program, making me eligible to win a treadmill. For more information on how you can participate, click here." 

5 comments:

indoor bike trainer said...

I do agree on that. Doing exercise with equipments is easier to do. Exercise equipments help us to perform many forms of exercises. Some of it do have some adjustments to what exercise your could be done only.

quickest way to lose weight said...

You don't need to go to the gym in order for you to lose your weight or to stay in shape. All you need to do is to have a proper exercise and a balance diet will do. Just do it regularly and you'll see the best result.

"how to get rid of cold sores fast " said...

I do have my own treadmill at home. Every morning, as part of my daily workout I do use this for an hour. Together by eating with balance diet, I had acquired a sexy body posture by doing these workouts.

mode für mollige said...

To have an equipment indoor is basically important; because you don't need to go for a gym just to have a work-out because you can satisfy your self at home.

Anonymous said...

Your neighbor is a douche bag. I would lose my shit if someone broke my treadmill.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...