X-Pole Fitness poles

Fitness is one of my true passions. I often feel like there aren't enough hours in the day (or days in the week) to try all of the great exercise options. Pilates, yoga, trail running, you name it. But what about pole fitness?

Amazingly, the thought had never even crossed my mind. Just recently, I was checking out trapeze classes when I was contacted to review the Sport pole from X-pole fitness.

I'm always interested in new workouts, so I definitely said yes. The pole arrived shortly after and I got to work carrying it in and setting it up.

It was easy enough to set up, but quite heavy. The sport pole is adjustable (from the bottom - this is a very good thing!) so you can make it the right size for your ceiling. Once it was set up, I wanted to give it a try.

I know what you're thinking, but scrap that idea all together. I wasn't interested in performing a sultry dance. I wanted to workout. If you've never worked out with a pole before, let me tell you - it requires some serious core and upper body strength.

The first thing I did was climb the pole. Please tell me I'm not the only one that looks at Stop signs and telephone poles and wonders if I could climb them - if no one is looking, of course. Well, wonder no more! I could climb the pole. I could spin and sort of hold on with my legs. But that part hurts.

I like the X-pole the same way I like a trapeze swing. For the awesome upper body strength and cool tricks. I've been working on my "moves" quite a bit. My goal - to be able to hold my body out completely sideways, or at least be able to hold my self out like you see Kendra doing in this photo below.


I figured out a few things along the way that I'll share with you to help your pole routine go smoothly.

  1. The X-pole doesn't come with a video. Half the fun is trying new things - like a kid at a jungle gym. If you want to learn new moves, Youtube is loaded with great ideas.
  2. If you want to spin, you need to have your skin covered with clothes. If you want to climb, you need to have your skin showin
  3. It rocks to practice and try new things in your own home. I would be way too embarrassed to try pole tricks and moves in front of a group. I was happy to try this in my own home. 
  4. Using a pole is a fun way to gain core and upper body strength. Really, really good core and upper body strength!

If you are looking for a new way to jazz up your workout, I'd recommend looking to an X-pole. It's quick and easy to install. You can do it in your own home. You can get your body in shape. And if you're into it....you can involve your significant other. It's a win-win.

*No compensation was received for this review. I did receive a complimentary X-pole for review purposes. All opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...