Will Menu Planning Evade Me Yet?

For the past few months, I have tried in vain to organize my family's menu. I sort of shop according to sales, but mostly shop according to what "looks good." No more! I am making steps toward organization and someone heard my call for menu planning assistance.

Well, actually multiple people emailed me (Thank you!) and one kind person sent me her menu and grocery planning system: www.Family-Facts.com

So I started using it. The first few weeks were an absolute bust. I made a plan and didn't stick to it. Then I made a plan and didn't plan enough of the right groceries. Then I took the advice of a friend and wrote down every meal option I make on a regular basis.

I wrote it on the yellow meal planner so it would match and not get lost.
I consulted this list, while I was laying out my grocery plans for the week and came up with a reasonable schedule. Then I turned the sheet over and filled in the appropriate grocery lists. And I did pretty well!

We only had one "change in plans" and that was only because my husband went out of town on business so I switched a few things around.  Maybe there's hope for me yet.

This system was super easy to use. It consists of a tear pad full of weekly planning sheets. One side has a grocery list, broken out into categories (produce, meats, spices, misc). The other has a meal planner with places to plan breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for the whole week.

*Thank you for sending me this planner. I have enjoyed it and it has helped me on my quest to be coming more organized. No compensation was given for this review and all opinions expressed are my own.

1 comments:

Time4Mommy said...

It will get easier the more you do it. I make a loose one for the entire month now!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...