Testosterone Dominant Females

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Are you an aggressive, take charge kind of woman? Are you naturally lean and athletic? Do you go after what you want and don't stop until you have it? Well.... you might be a testosterone dominant female.

I'm not going to keep you waiting, there's a super easy way to tell. You don't need a blood test or anything fancy. Just stick out your hand. Look at your fingers.

Is your ring finger longer than your index finger? When you're in utero, you are exposed to all sorts of hormones. The more testosterone you were exposed to, the longer your ring finger. The more estrogen, the longer your index finger. The testosterone and estrogen you were exposed to in your mother's womb greatly affects your personality and your physical traits.

Most women have longer index fingers and have estrogen dominance. Some don't. What does that mean if you're testosterone dominant?

According to Wikipedia and other sources - it can mean any of the following:

-A higher level of testosterone, leading to higher lean muscle mass, activity level, metabolic rate, and aggression
-More analytical aptitude and excellence in mathmatics and science
-An inclination to react based on facts more than feelings
-A tendency to have more male children

But don't just take my word for it: Click here to see what Wikipedia has to say.

In case you're wondering.....My ring finger trumps my index finger. Yes, I'm aggressive. Yes, I loved math/science (majoring in biochemistry) and I'm not all that touchy feely. My sisters are all testosterone dominant as well. As well as most of my friends. My daughter's fingers are even. She's neither testosterone nor estrogen dominant.

4 comments:

Healthier And Wealthier said...

Interesting post. Mine are about the same. That figures.
Sandra

craftycreative said...

Very interesting. My index and ring finger are exactly the same length.

Becca said...

My index finger is longer. I don't have more lean muscle mass...but the rest applies!

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

So interesting! Mine are the same length. I have always felt pretty evenly balanced as a business woman... that must be why!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela