PitStop Underarm Stain Remover

It's  no secret (sadly) that I sweat....um....a lot. What is a secret is how many white tops I go through! I love to layer and white is one of my favorite shirt colors. Splendid. That means I throw out a lot of shirts because of yellow under arm staining.

I have tried all sorts of remedies (switching deodorants, pretreating before laundering, bleach...) but nothing really helped. Then I saw PitStop underarm stain remover in the March issue of Shape (love that magazine) and knew I had to try it.

When it arrived in the mail, I gathered all my offending shirts and went to work. Look at the pile of shirts I had to treat!
Really - it would be larger but I turn most of my "stained" clothing into cleaning rags. Most of these tops are only a few months old, but one was from my working days (so at least 7 years old.)

I used the entire sample sized bottle of Pitstop. By the way, you can win a sample sized bottle on their website.

I ran these through the wash......and the stains came out of all of my shirts except for the old one. The Pitstop website states that any fabrics previously treated with bleach will not come clean. Apparently, bleach sets in the yellowing. The older shirt has most likely seen bleach at least once in the last 7 years, so it makes sense that it didn't clean up.

But I am ecstatic that my other shirts are now all white. And cream. I used it on one cream shirt. It was super easy too. I just sprayed the stains, rubbed them a bit, forgot about them while I vacuumed, then popped them in the wash.

My only issue...I have no idea what's in this little bottle. I like to use natural ingredients. I don't know what Pitstop is made of. I had it on my hands and on my counter. It smelled a little bit like lemon and felt a little slippery. I wish they posted an ingredients list.

Other than that, the product worked great. I'll be buying a full size bottle so I can save on constantly rebuying white tops.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I am super excited to try it now because I have the same issue! I go through so many shirts! Thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...