Introducing Johnny Reid

Already a chart-topping, platinum-selling artist in Canada, Johnny Reid will release his first album in the U.S. on May 3rd, 2011. But of course, I've already listened to it.

What did I think? I liked it. In fact, I had checked him out on Youtube before receiving his CD and new that his music would fit well in our collection.

How do I describe his music? This is a tough one. For one, he has a very smoky, old sound. To me, his voice is a cross between Bruce Springsteen, Tim Mahoney, Michael Buble, Michael W. Smith, and maybe Frank Sinatra. There's a certain sultry tone and easy listening vibe - but also a bit of funk and rhythm.

My favorite song, by far, was the first one on the album - Today I'm Going to Try and Change the World. It's a cool song with a great message, and I swear I heard a bit of bag pipes near the end. I love bagpipes.

Take a listen and tell me what you think:

Overall, this is cool music you can play when friends are over and you're relaxing around the fire. It's positive and family friendly. 

If you look up his bio, you'll find that he has a really cool American-dream story. The son of a diesel mechanic, Johnny chased his dream to be a singer/songwriter; taking out loans to finance his own album. I love this type of story and wish him  much success as he launches his album in America

*A complimentary CD was provided for review purposes by Music Moms. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johnny Reid is amazing! He is a multi-platinum award winning artist in Canada with 13 Canadian Country Music Awards (CCMAS) and 2 JUNOs (Canada's equivalent of the Grammys). He has 7 albums to his credit and two multi-platium live concert DVDs.
Audiences in the US will Love Johnny and Canada can't wait to show the world our best kept secret!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...