Firebreather DVD and BluRay


Firebreather is available on Blu-ray and DVD starting March 22, 2011. Why should you know this? Because Firebreather is the #1 show for kids aged 6-14, Boys 9-14 and Tweens 12-17. Since it appears on Cartoon Network, I was pretty certain my son had seen glimpses of the cartoon, and considering it involved a boy that was half human, half fire-breathing monster, I knew he would like it.

When it arrived at our home, he knew exactly what it was! And we set a movie date! We watched this movie as a family. First - let me tell you that it's a full length movie. I thought it would be a short cartoon, or a compilation of cartoons, but it's not. It's an actual movie.

And it's a pretty good movie. It's interesting. It's adult yet still suitable for kids. My 5 and 6 year-old both watched it. In fact, my 6 year-old even shushed us few times.

There's plenty of action....and plenty of teenage angst. Maybe the younger kids don't understand those parts and it's okay for them to watch, but a lot of the movie does have a negative undertone. Angry teenage kids with parents that either don't care or are completely gone.

But that's real life and it would definitely appeal to a tween/teen audience. They would most likely understand the high school drama that goes on as well - fighting, school dances, gym class.

All-in-all, it was a good kids movie. My 6 year-old son loved it, and I bet his friends would too.

*I received a complimentary copy of Firebreather for review purposes. No compensation was received.

1 comments:

Mystee said...

Hi, sorry I'm so late {but I do always follow back--eventually}.
Thanks so much for stopping in during the blog hops and following my blog.
Have a great week.
http://www.everydayexpressionz.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...