When to Pierce Your Child's Ears?

My daughter has wanted pierced ears since forever. Well, at least as long as she could speak. She's a very girly girl and I catch her digging through my makeup and jewelry on a regular basis.

I had my ears pierced at 5 years old, so I thought it was fair for her to make the choice when she turned five.

Well, she'll be 5 in just a few days and she's been reminding me that it's "time" for her to get earrings.

On a family trip to the mall, she happened upon an earring shop and found "the ones." Since it was only a few days from her birthday, we went for it.

She got her ears pierced! She didn't even wince once. She may be glamorous, but she's also focused on winning. Crying would be losing, and she's not about to let that happen!

Her Type-A parents couldn't help but be proud.... But then she smiled and let us know that she wasn't supposed to get her ears pierced until she turned Five. It wasn't her birthday yet and she got away with getting them at the age of FOUR!

She's going to be trouble....

4 comments:

Real Life In A Minute said...

Bonding! She'll always remember. My friend and I pierced mine (with mom's help) with an ice cube and a bar of soap. That was back in the day! Way back...

Real Life In A Minute said...

I'm Tweeting you. Please Tweet me back. Thanks.

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Too funny! Happy early birthday, girlie! We love you!

Super Amazing Savings said...

I got my daughters ears done about the same time. That was almost 13 years ago. It's hard to believe that she's almost 17 now. She did great with her piercings and has never had any problems with them. She loved the fact she was a "big girl" when she got them done and showed everyone her new earrings.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...