Want Flat or Six Pack Abs?


Okay, so if you're a mom like me, then you know how hard it is to get your body back after having kids. What's worse, is getting your abs back in shape. Recently, I've been researching alls sorts of dvds, web videos, books and fitness advice to find the perfect ab workout


What is the key to a flat stomach? The answer I've found comes down to two simple things: low body fat and well developed muscles. And we all know how to achieve this. But is there as simpler way?


If your body fat percentage is high, can you build enough muscle (i.e. crunch your way to extreme ab muscles) to make up for your higher than desired body fat? After all, increasing muscle mass does, in effect, lower your body fat percentage. Even if it doesn't decrease the overall fat content of your body, you'd have a higher percentage of lean body mass, and that's what really matters, right?


Or do you diet and do extreme cardio to lose the fat and hope whatever muscle you have finally "shows" through your skin? 


Both seem to make sense. But I doubt most people are willing or able to commit to the amount of exercise (and possible calorie limitation) that comes with it. 


I've seen countless before and after stories for extreme diet and exercise programs, liposuction, tummy tucks, weight training and laser fat removal. All of them seem to work. 


You could also try something like the Flex Belt, an Ab Toning system cleared by the FDA for toning, firming, and strengthening the stomach muscles. It seems like an easy way to tone without having to put in the usual work.

For me, I'm willing to try it all (minus the plastic surgery.) It took a while for my body to turn to mush and I've got plenty of time to improve it. Trying new exercises and equipment keeps it fun, and sometimes you find the one thing that makes all the difference.



Best of luck to all of you that are searching for a flat stomach or a solid six pack. 

1 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

No plastic surgery? Some moms have excess stretched out skin in their abdominal area, the only way to remove that is through a tummy tuck. I know for myself that I have a particular goal in mind. If all my hard workout and dieting cannot allow me to reach my goal, I think that plastic surgery is okay then to help me achieve the goals I have for my body. I think a person deserves their "perfect" body if he/she is putting in all the work (diet and exercise) and cannot achieve it. What do you think?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...