Tortillas for Back to School Lunches?

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Mission Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
With only 3 weeks left until the new school year starts, I'm vigilantly planning our school lunches. As I was creating my "menu," I noticed a lot of "sandwiches." Boring. I've revamped my list and added a lot of non-sandwich lunches. Many of them include tortillas.

My kids love it when I make sandwiches with tortillas instead of bread. They look cool, taste great, keep the ingredients tightly inside, and have no crusts! But that's not all. My son will be bringing little tacos, burritos, fajitas, enchiladas, quesadillas. I've got all sorts of plans. Want some inspiration? You can find all sorts of great ideas at Mission – Back To School.
Mission – Back To School

I like Mission tortillas. It helps that they are the main brand at my favorite store (Target, in case you're wondering). But I also like the varieties of Mission Tortillas. My fave are the Garden Spinach Herb wraps. Try it with egg salad - yummy!

They come in 6", 8" and 10" sizes. We usually buy the 8" size but I'm thinking about the 6" for back-to-school. A lunch box is only so big.

Thinking beyond the lunch box, it's always a good idea to have tortillas on hand. They last a long time, are inexpensive, and you can make so many great meals with them.

Give them a try to add variety to your menu. We all need good sources of carbohydrates and Mission does sell whole grain varieties and their tortillas contain 0 grams of trans fat per serving and are cholesterol-free.

I'll be blogging more about what I pack in our school lunches when I start packing them. I'm sure you'll see many tortillas in our lunch box.

Visit my sponsor: Back To School

1 comments:

Midnite Skys said...

oh my favorite wrap is BBQ chicken (get at the deli) , lettuce, tomato and some BBQ sauce... wrap up tightly....

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...