Rock Symphonies Review

Classical music really isn't my thing. I can appreciate it for it's "beauty" and I really do like violins/cellos/anything string, but I just can't sit down and listen to it. It's too boring for me.

So I'm embarrassed to say that when Music Moms sent me the Rock Symphonies CD from David Garrett, I took one look at the cover and mentally said "no." I put the CD on my husband's desk (where he uploads all music to the iPod so I can review it while on the treadmill) and walked away.

I did not anticipate what happened next. A few minutes later, my husband came running in. He said "the CD you put on my desk is awesome! You've got to listen to it."

Still skeptical, I tried to leave. He brought me to the iPod player and turned it on. Yep, classical music. Barf. "WAIT", he said, "it gets really cool."

I waited. I kept waiting. And then it happened. It got cool. It got edgy, upbeat, and current. A lot of the songs were replays of great rock hits from legends like Aerosmith, Nirvana, and Led Zepplin.

It was classical music with a beat. It was pretty awesome. There were some impressive violin moments (think "devil went down to georgia") and that great powerful presence that classical music gives, but with an upbeat, rock vibe. It turns out, I liked it. And my husband LOVED it. He's even asked me to keep it out so he can show his mom when she visits. That's rare. My husband likes everything put away.....

If you like classical music (or even if you don't) you may want to check out this album. Or even listen to a sampling on amazon or youtube. David Garrett is amazing on the violin. He's been performing sold out shows since he was a boy and playing with the London Philharmonic, the Los Angeles Philharmonic, and the Russian National Orchestra since the age of 12. He's got talent - and a good sense for "cool music."

*This CD was provided by Music Moms. All opinion expressed are my own.

1 comments:

TXsunlover said...

I've heard the TV ad for this CD and it sounds really great!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...