Money Hungry - A trashy "The Biggest Loser"

I like everything fitness, so it should come as no surprise that I love fitness-related shows. In the absence of The Biggest Loser this summer (what's with a summer break anyway - fitness needs no breaks!) I've been watching other "fitness" shows.

This week was the premiere of Money Hungry. 10 couples give up $10,000 of their own money and compete to lose weight. The winner gets $100,000. The losers get nothing. I love the idea. The only thing that gets more excited than fitness is money. So the two combined is TV gold.

Well, I watched the premiere and I don't know. I'm just going to go ahead and say that I think Money Hungry is a trashy Biggest Loser. It has a couple of things going for it - no annoying beeping scale and crazy drama.

I can't tell you how excited I was to see the weights pop up instantly without having to hear or wait through the stupid beeping of the scale like I do when I watch TBL. And the contestants are hilarious. They're constantly making fun of each other, fighting, acting trashy, and other craziness.

So it's kind of funny, if you like reality trash. But it's barely "fitness worthy." The contestants barely workout. They eat whatever junk they want (and throw it on the floor) - at least in the first episode. There's no hardcore working out. There's not even that extreme of weight loss. At least not yet.

I like this show, but I really need it to get more healthy eating/fitness tips/cool workouts - something to make it more than an overweight Jersey Shore.

In my opinion, it's worth one more shot before it's dumped from the Tivo schedule.

This is NOT a compensated post. All opinions are my own.

1 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm all about fitness too but never heard of Money Hungry. Love the BL too though. Keeps me inspired...sorta. I would NEVER put up money to compete in a weight loss contest...especially with my husband. I would NOT play that game. Too chicken.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...