Laundry today versus the "good old days"

Do you remember what laundry used to be like? Maybe you had to wash all your clothes by hand with homemade soap. Egads! Probably not. But I do remember laundry and how it's changed over the last 20-something years. In my early teens, my mother went back to work and laundry became one of my jobs.

I had no clue about how to treat stains or what detergent to use. We just bought the cheapest one and threw it in the top loader. Then we put our clothes out on the clothesline to dry. Needless to say.... we had a lot of "unclean" and very crispy clothing.

My mom eventually taught me to pre-treat stains by rubbing them with extra detergent (like this old "ring-around-the-collar" commercial.)
She also taught me to check the clothes when they came out of the wash to be sure they got clean. If not, I had to start all over. What an icky way to do laundry.

Things have certainly changed and thank goodness! Now there are so many amazing cleaners that take out all kinds of stains, make your clothes smell great, and even take out wrinkles.

My take on it though - too confusing. As horrible as it was to throw out stained clothes or *gasps* wear ruined outfits, it was so simple to just throw the detergent in and walk away. I can't have 20 bottles of different stain treatments, all sorts of different detergents, and an all out stain-treating inspection every time I do the laundry.

Lucky for me (and you,) Wisk has created a new detergent that tackles all stains in just one bottle (dirt, carbohydrates, blood, proteins, oils....) It's lucky for me because I get to try the detergent really soon! It's lucky for you because it will also be hitting stores very soon; including Walmart, Target and Kroger.

Check out this new "ring-around-the-collar" commercial to learn more.
Over the next few months, I'll be trying this new detergent. I have very messy children, so this should be fun! I'll keep you posted.

This post is sponsored by Wisk. I received monetary compensation for my participation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...