Shed 5 Fast - Review

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to exercise. Really, I do. I think it's fun and I know it's good for me. But since I have the tendency to overdo it, I took a long break from exercise.

Not anymore - and what better way to kick start my exercise routine than by reviewing a new workout DVD. I had the chance to review Shed 5 Fast and Boot Camp 2 from Moms into Fitness.

I've owned, rented, and downloaded hundreds of workouts over the years, and I have strong opinions about each one.

Here's what I thought about Shed 5 Fast:
For me, the most important thing is that the workout is effective. Second, it needs to be fun. I haven't worked out with Shed 5 Fast long enough to tell you if it will be uber effective (really, I wish I could have done it more often but my house is ripped to shreds...construction, blah!) but I can tell you it was fun! It was a combination of all my faves. There was kickboxing, plies, step-aerobic type leg pulls, and constant core engagement.

I even detected a hint of yoga running through some of the strength moves and I liked it! The kickboxing segments were all my all time favorite parts, but I have to give mad props to the "boomerang" move. That's a new one for me and it was great. Great in a super sore abs sorta way.

One of the best parts of the video is that it's almost all done standing up. Not that I don't think crunches and floor work are important, but hitting the floor just isn't sweaty enough for me. Know what I mean?

There are two 30 minute workouts on this dvd and each workout features 3 girls performing the moves. Each one is doing the exercises a little different (easy, medium, hard.) I jumped right into this video after not exercising for 6 months and made it through easily by following Lindsay (medium intensity.) Don't get me wrong, this is a good workout and I could definitely tell that I was out of shape, but I survived and you could too.

About the music - it's good. It's just loud enough so you can feel the beat but still hear the instructions. And the choices are upbeat and current.

The only downside....do this workout and tell me if you're able to stop staring at Lindsay's abs. I was so jealous, but luckily I had been reading her blog for a bit and already liked her as a person, lol. She's super funny and serious about working out. I love it!

Here's what I thought about Boot Camp 2:
Whoa! There's a lot on this dvd! There's an entire 8-week program, six different 10-minute core wrokouts, and six 5-minute core sessions....all on one dvd! There's so much to learn from this set that I'm going to be spending a lot more time with it.

One of the things I really liked about this dvd is how much time Lindsay dedicates to teaching and how this video is tailored to moms. Moms have a very unique workout situation and she gets that. I'm so thankful to Lindsay for sending me Boot Camp 2 because without it, I would have never realized I still have a 3 finger diastasis recti!

And to be honest with you, I'm mad! I remember the doctors telling me I had a huge separation with my second child but I just assumed it went away. Obviously, I never got 6-pack abs after her birth but I had no idea it was this bad. We're talking 4 1/2 years later, folks. I hope it's not too late to correct. After participating in the boot camp video for a few short minutes, I realized that I had been performing my ab exercises incorrectly. I have strong abs (for the most part) but I'm hopeful that by following her directions, I might actually lose the mommy pooch (yes, I have one -even at a whopping 110 pounds).

I'm so excited, and I can't think Lindsay enough for sending me this Boot Camp video and for giving so much care and attention during the workouts. We moms really need help, and she's there to give us the info we really need.

Want to see more for yourself? Check out a clip from the Shed 5 Fast DVD:

And that's not all! Lindsay Brin is generously offering a 20% discount on her DVDs at Momsintofitness.com. Just use the code below:
Lindsay Brin

I'd highly recommend her videos and her website if you're looking to lose baby weight. Lindsay is a regular mom just like us (well, except for the killer abs.) You can even find her on Twitter and Facebook.

*This is a Mama Buzz review. The product was provided by Moms into Fitness for this review.

2 comments:

Erica @ Just Call Me Cheap said...

I have the first boot camp and I really like it- I'm sure I would have liked it more if I actually made it through the 12 week program but my kids (3 and 1) seem to like to sabatage my work out efforts. We are planning on having another baby soon so I just may buy boot camp 2 so that I may finally get rid of my baby pooch when we are done having kids (I only weigh about 105 lbs so I know how you feel!)

Michael said...

Nice review!
My wife is looking for a home work-out, thanks.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...