Secret Love....

My cat is deliberately disrespectful. She has mastered the art of pretending not to listen and disobeys all the rules. She's also very stingy with affection. The little bits that she does give, she prefers to show when nobody's paying attention.

My children think this is hilarious. Especially the blatant disregard for authority. And in some ways it is pretty funny. But when you feed, bathe, clip, and pick up after someone on a daily basis, you kind of expect a little respect. Or at least some love!

I mean, if you're going to be this furry, you need to at least allow petting! But she will have none of it. Until......

A few nights ago, my children slept outside in a tent and my husband guarded them nearby. Reya was distraught. She mewed and clawed at the door for the children for what seemed like hours with total disregard for my yelling.

With everyone out of the house, my cat decided that her sleeping options were limited. In the middle of the night, I felt her smell my face and then squeeze her body down between my chin and chest. What was going on?? Was she actually loving up to me?

She got comfy and started purring. I tried to stay still so I wouldn't scare her away, and then I fell asleep. After a few minutes, I felt her whiskers tickling my face and I tried to move away. But she was on me. Crap! I tried to feel grateful for the love, but I couldn't get past the tickling.

In the end, I shoved her away and went back to my lonesome sleeping. I guess I wasn't ready for any love. And she could tell. She's been back every night, harassing me while I sleep. Licking, biting, pouncing, rolling....and disobeying my every plea for her to stop!

4 comments:

singedwingangel said...

lmbo gotta love fickle cats.. they will smother my hubby in his chair, it isTHEIR chair they allow him to sit in and fall asleep. My chair is exactly that MY chair and they don't even try to snuggle in it..

Vanessa said...

LOL! Sounds like a "be careful what you wish for" situtation. Hopefully you get some rest in between all that kitty love. My little dog does the same thing. She wakes me up in the morning by jumping on me. When I am finally awake. She curls up in my spot and settles down for a nap! The nerve!! :)

Midnite Skys said...

My defiant cat is on my lap right now. She has taken to sitting here when I am writing my blog. It seems that the page will scroll down the all of sudden there will appear 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Ok sweetie get off the number keys..... But she realy hates it when I need a restroom break...........

bayctygrl said...

haha! Cats are so funny

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...