Review: Bossa Nova Superfruit juices

If you're like me, then you're probably very aware of the "superfruits" and try to incorporate them into your diet whenever possible. Personally, I don't drink very much juice, except for superfruit juices.

For the last few years, I've seen a lot of acai products come on the market and I eagerly tried many of them. With an antioxidant level higher than blueberries or pomegranates, I wanted to really love it. But I didn't like them.

I had heard acai tasted like blueberries and chocolate (yum!) but in my opinion it tasted more like old prunes. So when Bossa Nova Superfruit Company offered to send me their juices to review, I was optimistic but a little scared.

A lot of the Bossa Nova Juices contain Acai. But guess what!!?! Their juices were awesome! Bossa Nova Juices come in the following 10 oz varieties:

  • Acai Original
  • Acai with Blueberry
  • Acai with Mango
  • Acai with Passion Fruit
  • Acai with Raspberry
  • Mangosteen with Dragonfruit
  • Mangosteen with Passion Fruit
  • Gogi berry with Tart Cherry
  • Acerola with Mango
  • Acerola with Red Peach
I sampled a variety of those juices and all of them were great. They were not stringy or overly "healthy" tasting. They were just yummy juices. But the best part? They are made with all natural, organic ingredients.

I have to tell you that they are not 100% juice. They do contain some organic agave nectar. That may be why they tasted so much better than the other acai juices I've tried. Or maybe it's because of the all natural ingredients?

Either way, I wouldn't worry a bunch about the agave. Agave is a low-glycemic-index carb and it's a natural product. Besides, the juices are fairly low in calories (as juices go.) You can see all of the nutritional info here.

I liked the Bossa Nova superfruit juices. Everyone in my family liked them. And I'd buy them myself. You can find Bossa Nova juices in the refrigerated section of your grocer's produce section. SuperTarget carries them as well - that mean's they'll be on my list.

*No compensation was given for this review. I did receive the juices mentioned for review purposes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if the juice caused you to have diarrhea, could you sing, "Blame it on the Bossa Nova?"

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...