Herbs Gone Wild!


Seriously, if you've never planted herbs, you need to give it a shot. They grow so easily, thrive on neglect, and most of them come back on their own each year. I planted herbs for the first time last year, and have been amazed at how well they grow. And how great they taste!

If you've never cooked with fresh herbs, you are really missing out. They make everything taste amazing, and it's so great to pick them from your own home (or garden) rather than weeding through the muck at the store and hoping they stay fresh long enough to use them.

But back to the growing.... I can't harvest or give them away fast enough! So, this week I decided to try saving them. I went out filled up my kitchen bowls with herbs.

I picked basil, cilantro, thyme, oregano, parsley, and chives. Then I washed them, pureed them in my vitamix with a smidge of water, and then froze them in ziploc bags. The house smelled awesome. My husband thought I was making enchiladas (lol) and my cat was giving me all sorts of attention.


*You can (and maybe should) freeze herbs in ice cube trays then transfer to ziploc bags. I don't own ice cube trays so I'm just going to break off chunks as I need them. I never measure anyway, so it's all good.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...