"Ten Minutes" a day

Sprint has just launched Gaming on the Now Network™, bringing you the first wireless 4G network from a national carrier. Sprint and JuiceBoxJungle have sponsored me to write about what "ten minutes" a day means to me.
What do moms do with our "ten minutes" of alone time each day. Or do you even take 10 minutes to yourself? If you don't, then you need to start! I spent the first 4 years of my parenting not taking any time for myself. And I'm not exaggerating.

I spent those first 4 years like a single mother. And my babies were young and needy. I gave them everything I had. And then I had nothing. Nothing, nothing. I wish I had known then what I know now. I would have taken the time for me. And I would have been happier. And in the long run, it would have been better for all of us.

Now, I make sure to take time for myself. And to be honest, I take more than 10 minutes. I take a couple 10 minute breaks each day. Sure, my "breaks" are almost never alone and almost always interrupted, but they're still times that I take time to do what I want to do.

I usually read a magazine, read my emails, search for recipes, or head to the garden.

As my children both gear up for school this fall, I'm going to use my "me" time to exercise regularly (and uninterruptedly). I am so excited!

I'll probably use the time to go shopping (solo!!!!) as well. This may be one of the big reasons my husband is pushing for me to get a job. But I can't wait to try on clothes by myself, to take the time to find the best deal, and to leisurely shop without anyone complaining.

True alone time..... I can hardly wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...