If you build it - it will be ugly

I recently brought up the topic of building a grape trellis. My husband instantly shot down the idea. "If you build it; it will be ugly," he said. Now of course, he was right but that didn't stop me.
My kids and I built this trellis out of stray sticks and garden twine. Both free items we have lying around. The twine originally cost me 63 cents but I use it everywhere, all the time. Yes, it's ugly. Yes it will eventually decompose and leave my grape vine untrellised. But for now it was free and is offering support for this growing grape vine.

All of my other grape vines wind around the trees in our forest. I will eventually train this one to do the same, but until then the ugly trellis reigns.

5 comments:

singedwingangel said...

See I think that looks rustic and cute not ugly at all. Men don't ya wish they could see through our eyes, after all we chose them lol.

liz said...

i think it's incredibly resourceful and eco-friendly! shame, shame on your husband for giving you a hard time. :)

Annie1 said...

This is so not ugly! Its beautiful in its imperfections!

Midday Escapades said...

Good for you! I don't think it's ugly either. I like your determination.

Karissa@Withourbest said...

This is awesome!! We were about to do our posts and string for our green beans this week, and now you've inspired me to make them not purchase them!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...