Make Your Own Taco Seasoning

I know what you're thinking....taco seasoning is cheap, so why make your own? Yep, it's cheap, but it's so much cheaper to make at home. Plus you get to control the ingredients. You control how much salt goes in. You won't be adding preservatives, msg, or sand (silicon dioxide to keep things free flowing). At least I think you wouldn't. lol

Here's the recipe I use and it turns out great:

1 Tbsp Chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt

When I make tacos, burritos, or anything that calls for taco seasoning, I add a teaspoon of this mix, then taste to decide how much more to add. ;) Recycle an old spice container or baby food jar to hold your seasoning. So easy!


3 comments:

blueviolet said...

That sounds so darn good!!!

Organic on a Dime said...

Thank you!!! I just made tacos tonight and had no seasoning....in the future I will make my own. I wish I would have read your blog 2 hours earlier!

Midnite Skys said...

OMG I am having a rough time finding Chili powder that is sand free around here. I might have to go to Mr. Bulkys but it is driving me crazy... LOL

I alos make my own seasoning not-salt - I don't add any salt!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...