We all rejoiced over Urine!

It's been a hectic weekend. We're still working diligently on our construction project and....Reya moved in. She puts the "scared" in scaredy cat. She spent most of the day hiding behind and under furniture.

Towards the evening, she became adventurous for a few minutes. In those minutes, she considered my drapes, scratched my most expensive chair, and got in the bathroom sink. Holy smokes!

I was a little stressed out. My son and husband had red eyes (oh no!) and she still hadn't used the litter box.

I reminded her where it was every hour or so. She seemed annoyed and went back into hiding. But this morning we all rejoiced when scratching was heard in the litterbox. And she peed. Wahoo!

She's used the box two more times and has finally started to eat. Sort of. Right now she's hiding in the laundry room. It's her safe place. But I desperately need to start a load of laundry....

5 comments:

Mrs. Bridget G. said...

When i first saw the title of this post. I was like...uh...what? lol

I hope your hubby and son aren't allergic to the kitty.

I'm not much of a cat person myself (I've been attack by cats my whole life). But I hope you get the best out of her.

And stop the dryer if you hear some muffled meowing!

singedwingangel said...

Awww she is a cutie.. bless her heart give her a ay or two she will e all over the place before ya know it lol. Rub a static sheet over her back every other day or so to remove any dander and keep her fur loss to minimum.. that should help on allergies

Margaret said...

She is so cute! How could you not love her.

Miriam T. said...

I know exactly how you feel! When I brought Daisy & Hobbes home, they spent a good portion of time either hiding in the corner or under the couch. I was so worried they couldn't get into the litter box that I built a little ramp so they could climb in and climb out. Haha!

She's definitely a cutie but looks nothing like a boneless, skinless chicken breast....

Lauren said...

I remember when my cousin and I first got our kittens - there were three, so it was always hectic. They made a mess under the bed, on the bed, in the bathroom, in the shower. I when I say mess, I don't mean scattering our stuff about the room. I mean, they didn't really grasp the concept of making it to the litter box on time. They are outside cats now, since they're older. Now, there's a puppy inside, and she is so much easier to clean up after! But then, there's only one of her.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...