Recession, Recovery, and Buying Store Brands



According to the article, Recession, Recovery & Store Brands, 8 out of 10 supermarket shoppers see no improvement in the economy and 40% say things have actually gotten worse in the recent months.

Because of the recession, more and more people have been turned to Store Brands to save money. 62% of consumers plan to buy store brands to save in this economy.

What do you think? Personally, I've always bought the best value. Whether it happened to be a store brand or a national brand. How you determine value is up to you. I am definitely willing to try store brand paper products, medicines, and even packaged foods. But lately, I really haven't bought many packaged goods.

We're fortunate to have many organic store brands in our area, and I've found them to be just as good as the national brands...for a lot less.

So I would have answered the Recession survey with a "yes" for willingness to buy store brands. The number of people who agree is up to an all time high (57%.) And 43% of buyers are trying store brands for the first time. Really? That's amazing! I had no idea people were so brand loyal.

Not surprising, 97% of those that were trying store brands for the first time - liked them and 49% say their store brands compare "very favorably." That's up from 35% in June 2009.

I agree. Not all brands (or store brands) are created equally. But it's worth a try. You just might find something you really like and end up saving a ton of money.


2 comments:

Letherton said...

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
Take a minute an check my blog out
I have lots of great giveaways going on.
Thanks :)

ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

bbcd mama said...

We've had tremendous success with Target brands. And we're a family who, if we don't like it, we won't go buy it again, even if we have to pay more to get what we want.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...