Construction Zone - Be careful where you step!

We are currently working on an enormous home improvement project. Hence, my total lack of computer time. Not saying that's a bad thing...just saying.

Here are a couple of photos from Day 5 of our project.

Check out my new exercise room! It's all studs and cement now but it will be a slick place to work out. The big burrito on the floor is our old wrestling mat (salvaged from the University wrestling team) and will be my exercise floor. Ignore the robots in the back. They will soon be hidden from view. lol Now...how to decorate that rounded wall.....
A glimpse into the guest bathroom. No, I did not need another bathroom to clean. Especially one that will be used by "Poker Night" guests!!The view into the guest bedroom. There's really no good shot here. Maybe once we're done with drywalling.
The home theater room. This view is looking through the kitchen (yet to be built) and through the theater room walls. The theater has a rounded ceiling, built out stage for the screen, and stadium seating. The screen will be rounded as well and there will be some groovy lighting in here. All to come shortly...We removed a huge chunk of staircase to open it up and let in light. We'll put a stair rail in this area towards the end.
We busted through a ton of concrete to put in pipes for our kitchen and bathroom. Tonight the kids and I pushed pennies into the newly poured concrete with all of our birth dates. A fun way to remember our building project together.Well, that completes the progress for Day 5. I'll have the plumbing and framing all the way done by the end of the week and will be ready to start electrical work next week. After that, it will be time to order our drywall. I am so exhausted I can hardly blink. But there will be no stopping until the project is done, painted, and decorated. Phew. :)

5 comments:

Lauren @ Just Add Lauren said...

Wow! Those are some massive renovations! Good luck with the project! I know that can be a really stressful time, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end! (and by the way, I am SO jealous of your workout room!)

Staci @ Designing and Motherhood said...

Angela,
Thanks for coming by my blog. WOW you are under construction too I see. We are almost done. Chin up you'll get there. To answer your question. I don't know much about zones and peas....I just refer to seed catalogs for my zoning and the helpers at the stores (trusting the local nursery gardeners too). Sorry. Come back to my blog soon. Good luck on the renovations.

Staci

bbcd mama said...

Wow. That's all I can say! This is a SERIOUS remodel! And the pennies is SUCH an awesome and clever touch!

The Prudent Patron said...

Angela - Love the penny idea!

Jessica-MomForHim said...

It's really coming along! Can't wait to see it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all your tips, advice, and well wishes!

Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...